Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our first snow storm in 2012 - three to six inches expected.  It's pale in comparison to some areas of the US.  I'm sure that the snow always brings back some memory for most of us.  I go back to our first winter in CT in 2007.  That season, our mailbox was knocked down by the snowplow a couple of times, run over and then vandalized by pranksters (it was a big thing in town, they went through an entire neighborhood).  The mailbox had certainly seen better days. It got to a point where the post was nailed with 2x4's on each side and the door was missing.  In the spring we got a new one and moved it to the other side of the driveway - we haven't had problems since (cross my fingers) with the exception of prankster kids who tried to take the door off the new one.  I guess that's what kids in the burbs do these day, smash mailboxes.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog. I really like this picture. I often visit CT for work and enjoy the beautiful seasons. -Lee from BU

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment